Thursday, July 29, 2010

Moving day in a week's time.

I'll be moving in a week's time and I haven't quite gotten down to packing yet. A part of me is excited about the move because I certainly can't wait to get out of this neighbourhood and this old house that rattles whenever a big truck passes by. Moving this time round makes me excited because it speaks of another new beginning with a different community. While I'm sad to say that I never really connected with the roommates I am currently living with, I do hope that the situation with my new roommates (two of my classmates actually) would be entirely different. I also hope that the new apartment would remain home for the next 4 years.

Looking back, I realize that this would make it the 10th move I've done in a span of 7 years. 5 moves in Canada, 3 moves in Singapore, 2 moves in US (this being the second place in US). Truthfully, I think I'm looking for a place to call home, because each upheaval process has always been exhausting. Sometimes, i think all the moves may even have reduced my ability to form connections and sink roots into a place.


anyway, fingers crossed on finding home!


No comments: