Monday, October 04, 2010

Perspective matters!!!
so put me in place!

I burst into the office today, my umbrella dripping wet and my body shivering from not being sensible enough to bring an extra jacket with me today. Autumn has officially descended and temperatures have dived from 21 degree celcius to a sudden 11 degree celcius.

Bumbling with energy and adrenaline from hurrying in the cold, I grumble to my office mate about the sudden change in weather and how this is all so very bad for the Singapore soul. Where's the gradation? Why no subtle change?

and of course, very calmly, my office mate sets me in place.

Oleg: "My parents just called me from Russia, and they said its snowing. Oh and we had a heat wave in the summer too, with forest fires. But its snowing two hours outside of Moscow now"


I quietly close my umbrella and sit sheepishly in my seat. I really can't complain :)

No comments: