Wednesday, October 03, 2007

i need a better cellphone company

so it's bad enough that i don't usually hear my cellphone ring because i keep it perpetually on silent.
but now, when people text message me, i usually only receive their text messages the next day, meaning that i've either missed out on a tennis game with marc or dinner plans with others.

someone could be trying to warn me via text messaging of some imminent disaster (because calling me won't work since i get no reception in my building... and the odd solitary bar of signal shows up infrequently. )

and with my silly cellphone company, i would probably get the warning after the tornado, whirlwind, deluge, forest fire, tremors (whatever you can think of..) has passed. leaving me standing with my cellphone, suddenly lit up amidst the wreckage with an ironic "you have one text message"

thanks really. thanks.

resorting to carrier pigeons doesn't seem like such a far-fetched idea anymore.

No comments: